15 Signs Your Child Is On An Elite Team!
15 Signs Your Child Is On An Elite Team! Once you make the jump from rec to club, a lot of things change. 15 ways to tell if your child is on an elite team:
- The game snacks are no longer Doritos, Gatorade, and Rice Crispy Treats…they are just no longer.
- Your child was unable to attend your last three extended family events.
- More Dads come to practice and games and not because they are unemployed.
- Your child knows the Marriott breakfast buffet will be better than the one at Holiday Inn.
- The Moms exercise during practice.
- You spend $250 on a pair of shoes, a bat, or training apparatus…and it doesn’t phase you.
- The team has a personalized pop-up canopy or banner.
- Several of the parents are former professional athletes or collegiate athletes.
- Your child now gets “sports” homework in addition to their school homework.
- At least one family member or friend whose kids don’t play sports have accused you of being “insane.”
- The Starbucks employees near your practice facility know you on a first-name basis.
- You have more meals with the families on your team than your own.
- The parents wear “team” apparel to most games and practices.
- Dinner conversation (if you ever eat dinner together) centers around your team, other teams you are playing that week, or good players on your team or your opposing team.
- The club name will often have the adjective “Elite” or “Select” as part of it. Just in case it wasn’t already clear.
Read more like this: Are You An Elite Sports Parent?