10 High Tech Gadgets To Improve Performance
All athletes want an edge. It could be a new training program, private lessons with a great coach, or in this case…a high tech gadget.
Here are ten cool ones to help your child step up their game!
1) Smart Socks That Capture Data For Runners
You will need to download the Sensoria Mobile App
- The Sensoria smart socks have sensors to detect parameters important to your running form including cadence and foot landing technique. The socks connect to the innovative light weight anklet which wirelessly relays data during your run.
2) Stat-Tracking Football
It works on ANY Bluetooth device.
- Tracks completed passes in addition to velocity, spin, distance, and spiral efficiency.
3) Super Smart Soccer Ball
Compatible with Bluetooth devices using iOS.
- Improves your game by getting instant feedback on power, spin, strike and trajectory, along with exclusive tips and guidance.
Downloadable from the App store
- Analyze your swing in real-time, side by side comparisons of your swing to others, review and analyze your swing and receive instant feedback.
5) Nothing But Net
All you need is the ball and app. There’s a tracker to wear on your wrist and a sensor in the ball.
- For kids who want to work on their shooting skills, this tracker will analyze their strengths and weaknesses. A virtual coach guides you through exercises and provides analysis. It measures crossover speed, dribble hesitation, endurance level and track your dribbling live with an interactive dribble speed meter.
Sensor attaches to the end of your racket.
- Uses the information from the sensors to record the type and number of strokes, spin level, ball impact, location, total play time, power, and endurance to give you feedback that will help to improve your game.
7) Swing Smart For Softball and Baseball Players
Sensor attached to the end of the bat. Easy to use and gather information for multiple players.
- 3D swing analysis measures bat speed, hand speed, time-to-impact, Attack angle and more. Instant evaluations help you see where you can improve the most and focus your training.
8) Help your brain while you train
Comes with the headset and USB Charger.
- Created by two neuroscientists, these headphones help get the brain to a “state of hyperplasticity”, which claims to improve speed, skill and strength. They help you achieve accelerated improvements in training. Several professional teams and Olympic athletes train with them.
9) Protect Your Brain While You Train
Clip the sensor on and track it with an App.
- In practice or in games, now you can keep tabs on your brain. Just clip it to your helmet, skullcap, hairband, or baseball cap. It will capture every hit of every size. Jolt makes head impacts a trackable safety statistic, empowering you to track trends, identify high risk players, and develop smarter training plans.
Price: Currently sold out – check back
App required to use
- Finally an earbud was created that will actually stay in your ear while you workout. Good for water workouts as well and it will track your heart rate and give you fitness feedback.