8 Things Young Athletes Wish They Could Tell Parents
- I like it when you come to my games and practices but I want you to be silent most of the time.
- I often value my coach’s opinion more than yours.
- I hate being late. It is important to me that I arrive at games and practices on time.
- I only want your input when I ask for it.
- It is nerve racking and distracting when you yell out instructions to me during an important moment in my game.
- Just because you played the same sport, doesn’t mean your experiences are the same as mine.
- Winning isn’t what I enjoy most about playing.
- Sometimes I wish you would let me be the authority, the one to teach you a skill, rule or technique.